How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My wife has a Filipina friend - Kim. Kim married a British

This answer was rated:

My wife has a Filipina friend - Kim. Kim married a British citizen and the two of them had three children (all UK passport holders). During their marriage Kim and her husband lived full-time in the Philippines - no attempt was ever made by Kim's husband to acquire UK citizenship for his wife. Sadly Kim's husband passed away prematurely in his mid-60s. At her husband's request Kim subsequently brought her husband's ashes to England for burial.
Kim's youngest child is 16 years old; Kim would like to know if it is possible for her to come and live full-time in the UK on the strength of her youngest child's UK passport - or, for that matter - via any other route. Kim is currently in the UK on a visit visa, staying with her brother-in-law (her deceased husband's elder brother). She is in receipt of two widow's pensions. Thank you.
I would advise her to make an application while she is in the UK using form FLR(FP) on the basis of her family life and circumstances , the form appears below
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you