How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Hello, good morning! First of all could you please tell me

This answer was rated:

Hello, I would like to invite a Filipino friend to the UK, could you please tell me what it is I have to do to enable my friend to get a Visa?

Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Will you be paying for all their cost? Flights etc or will you be accommodating them only?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I will just be accommodating them. I'm told I need to write a Letter of Invitation.. do I need to provide proof of who I am etc

Thank you for your reply.
Yes that is correct you need to write a letter stating that you wish to accommodate them and state the names and passport numbers of the people you wish to sponsor as well as the duration that you wish to accommodate them for. You should also include in the letter that you will only be accommodating the applicants and will not be maintaining them as that will be done by them at their own cost. You need to also include your name and passport number in the letter as well as a contact number for the British Embassy/High commission to contact you if required.
You also need to attach your mortgage statement or if you are a tenant then your tenancy agreement along with a letter from the landlord confirming that they are happy for you to accommodate your friends.
You will also need to attach a copy of your passport confirming who you are and your signature.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for you help. I don't know about applying for a Visa, I only delivered them to UK Citizens. If there is nothing more I need to know or do then yes you've answered my inquiry.

Thank for your reply.
If you are only accommodating them, then yes that is all you need to provide.
If I have answered your inquiry then kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to be a pain. I have rated you already. Could you please clarify the term 'maintaining' my friend.

Thank you for your reply. Its no problem at all.

By maintain what I mean is to pay for his food, travel expenses, any shopping they may do. Basically any expenses in addition to the accommodation.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Geeez, 'maintain' is wide open to interpretation!! I don't wish to get on the wrong side of Immigration but my friend has agreed to pay for return flight. I will accommodate, pay for food, travel within the UK, expenses to and at venues and shopping... not much change from a pension!!!

I hope that will suffice!!


Thanks again

Thank you for your reply.

Yes unfortunately, it does have a wide interpretation. But its encompasses everything you have mentioned in your reply.

Its a pleasure.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm on computer! After your main response you'll see that Ii had already rated your service as "excellent".


Thank you