How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We think our grandson is being investigated for consenual sex

This answer was rated:

We think our grandson is being investigated for consenual sex with a minor he is 16 she is 15 we say we think because various people have been asked about it over a period of a month but nobody from the police have approached my daughter or grandson should we contact the police first or see a lawyer
Thank you for your question.
Don't contact the police. There is no purpose on doing so. You can see a lawyer if you wish. Had your grandson been substantially older I would be more worried but the year gap and the consensual relationship is unlikely to be high on the police priority list.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you