How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

a family member being refused to see his nephew/ nieces as

This answer was rated:

a family member being refused to see his nephew/ nieces as the person was accused of sexually abusing a young girl many years ago . the person who was the abuser has a child and has legally been allowed to live with the child.
the family member who is refusing any contact with his nephews and nieces says he has a letter from the social services saying he cannot have contact .the question is .how can the abuser be allowed to have his own child .and to have contact with other members of the young people and their Families.????? We have not seen the letter and the family member .
the whom is refusing the uncle has got a friend who works for the social services.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why would the social services write a letter to only one member of the family stating the uncle cannot see his nephews and nieces ???

and why if the person who was the abuser be allowed to have his own child and be allowed to see his other nephews and nieces

On your specific points
1 Probably because that person is responsible for the children. Social services would not normally tell the whole family.
2 There could be lots of reasons for that. It depends on the facts of the allegation. Generally speaking, if social services are going to act they would want him to have no contact with any children at all. However, that doesn't really add much to your position because this person is perfectly free to refuse contact for this reason even if there has been no letter from social services and that is just an excuse unfortunately.
I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you