How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12085
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am a happily married and owned my home before marriage. I

This answer was rated:

I am a happily married and owned my home before marriage. I now want to include my wife as joint owners how can I do this at minimum or no cost
Thank you for your question.
You have to convey the property from you to you and your wife. If you have a mortgage the consent of your lender is needed and the mortgage also has to be varied. The new deeds have to be registered in the Land Registry.
A solicitor will be required for this. However the cost is no more than a few hundred pounds and the procedure takes no more than a few days assuming you have the consent of any lender.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. There is no mortgage involved.

In that case it will easier and cheaper as well as very quick.