How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My sister nad I are joint executors and joint beneficiaries

This answer was rated:

My sister nad I are joint executors and joint beneficiaries of my late mothers will My sister took 4.500 from the house in cash and 11.750 was sent to her from the bank I am expecting around 4.500 as my share despite all bills being paid since last november she is refusing to pay me my money I have been told by her husband in a letter that he has put my share into an account low risk and wont pay me until other issues are resolved not relating to the will I will not meet with them as he is aggressive I have a solicitor who wrote to them but they are still refusing to pay me my money and stated she has every right to with hold the money My solicitor stated they will write again but this has now gone on for a long time and it is costing me money can we take them to court I know it is not alot of money but it is mine No probate was necessary,. please Help
You may actually take it to court yourself without involving a solicitor as you are claiming £4500 and you will not be able to recover any legal fees which you incur.
The quickest way to lodge a court claim against your sister and her husband is online at
I would advise you to name them both as defendants and explain why you are owed the money in the particulars of claim. You normally have a 1000 words limit on setting out your particulars of claim.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you