How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71273
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have cancelled a shipping order for some health products.

This answer was rated:

I have cancelled a shipping order for some health products. The company advise it's customers to speak to an adviser for a cancellation. I cannot make contact with the customer services as the phone line is a stacking answer service . I have sent some email correspondence requesting the order is cancelled. The company have taken the money out of my account. I have read the terms and conditions and as far as I understand I am within my legal rights.
Can you suggest any other action I need take.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Are they UK based?
How did you pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are a USA company. I payed by VISA

If they are based abroad then they are not worth suing.
You do have an identical claim against your visa card company though under S75 CCA. In fact, if you report it to visa then they will quite often just clawback the amount that has been deducted. Sometimes they do resist but if you issue against them they usually settle. They may resist here because they will say its not a fraudulent deduction.
I would report it to visa today and see if they will clawback. If so, then thats an end to the matter.
If not, then you will have to sue but I would give it a few days as the company may well refund.
If they do not with a week then send visa a letter before action demanding the money back under S75 CCA.
If that fails then issue against them here
Always use visa with online purchases from abroad as S75 is very useful.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jo

can I go online to contact VISA?

Not that I know of. It depends how they accept contact. Usually there is a number to call. I would never normally recommend doing things over the phone but for the purposes of seeing whether they will agree or not it should be fine.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you