How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have logged a case with the small claims court which has

This answer was rated:

I have logged a case with the small claims court which has now been referred to County Court, do I have to attend the hearing?


Has your claim been defended and how much was it for?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi yes there was a hearing on the 27th August the defendant had until 10th September to reply. I have now received forms from the court saying that they will set a court date.


You should attend the hearing if possible or appoint a solicitor to assist you with it unless you have a good reason not to attend the hearing in which case you should send a letter to the country court explaining why you cannot attend and that you are happy for the case to proceed without you attending.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you