How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50165
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a customers that ask me for the traceability of the

This answer was rated:

I have a customers that ask me for the traceability of the goods I sold to him. Can I sue my customer if he is going on my back and buying the same stock from my supllier?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is there any restriction in a contract between you and the customer which prohibits them from buying direct from your supplier?


Unfortunately not. Is a multinational company and the conditions are establish by them.

Ben Jones :

From a legal point of view there is unfortunately nothing wrong with your customer going behind your back and obtaining the items you would normally supply them with directly from your supplier. This is a generally free business world in a sense that anyone can trade with whoever they want and if they find someone who offers them a better price then they can go to that party and stop using their current supplier. Any restrictions attempting to stop them from doing so are likely to be unenforceable as being a restraint of trade. However, in your case you do not even have such a restriction which means that the customer can decide who they trade with and if they want to bypass you and trade directly with your supplier, then as long as that supplier is willing to do so they can.


Thank you very much for your answer.



Ben Jones :

you are most welcome, all the best

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Personal circumstances gave me not option but to obtain a VAT |( my wife and myself) four years a go to protect my family.

I'm self-employed and the company i'm working for told me it will be close very soon. I have the possibility to do the same business buy open a limited company with me as shareholder and Director. A business person I know will give ma loan for the business. Can I do it with be penalize by the IVA?. If I don't do it, I will be our of work and been 61 years old nobody will give a job to pay the mortgage, bills, etc for my house.

Hi, this is a separate query so please post it as a new question, thank you