How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have just found out that a solicitors firm AJ FIELDS SITTINGBOURNE

This answer was rated:

I have just found out that a solicitors firm AJ FIELDS SITTINGBOURNE was struck off. and have closed down which happen many months ago. they have my house deeds and other paper work regarding the house. how do i retrieve them sue

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I have looked into this matter for you and can confirm that AJ Field and Co were the subject of an intervention by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in 2011.

You therefore need to contact SRA who will be holding your Deeds.

I set out an extract from the SRA website, and suggest that you email them accordingly-

"Wills and other documents of record

If a firm that we have closed down was holding a will or other document of record for you (deeds to a property, for example) and your file can be found, our Intervention Archives Department will contact you to ask what you want done with your papers.

If you have not heard from our Intervention Archives Department yet and want to talk to them about your documents, please contact us using the details at "

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information given