How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7071
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

Hi I wonder if you are able to assist with a question

This answer was rated:

Hi I wonder if you are able to assist with a question regarding wills?My ex husbands father died this time last year. I believe he inherited 23 houses, a caravan park, beach car park and farm, he has since started 2 limited companies. However as his accounts are not due he is still claiming benefits I believe and low income so only pays £5 a week towards his CSA payments,Is a will held in public records so that I could perhaps use this to help get a little more money as support for my son ?

If an estate, which is what lawyers call what we leave when we die, is very small then a grant of probate is not required.
But any estate that involves property or substantial assets will require one. Once a Grant of probate is issued it is a public document and a copy of the Will is attached to the Grant so you can find out exactly what he got through the Probate Registry. The estate may not have been completely wound up but it sounds as if he trying to be a bit cute here.
I hope this helps. If there are any further points, please reply.
Best wishes
Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou where do you look to access a grant of probate please ? The estate would be in to several millions so there would be one I would imagine .