How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought a sofa for my daughter from dfs on monthly payment

This answer was rated:

I bought a sofa for my daughter from dfs on monthly payment terms but she was forced to leave her boyfriend because he was violent, he refuses to give back not only the sofa but any of her property I am currently paying for a sofa I do not have, what are my legal rightd
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know why he refuses to give it back please?

he says he had a sofa before but he gave it to his friend and if he gives mine back he would have to buy his own replacement

Alex Watts : Do you want the sofa or repayments please?

I would prefer the sofa

Alex Watts : Ok you need to write and ask for delivery of the sofa otherwise you will go to court.
Alex Watts : If he refuses then you can issue proceedings. You need to complete form N1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : and form n16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are asking the court for an order that he delivers up the sofa.
Alex Watts : The court will list the matter for hearing and decide to grant an order to deliver up.
Alex Watts : If the court does and he refuses he will be in contempt and a judge can warn, fine or send to prison.
Alex Watts : Any costs in making the application you would be entitled to if successful.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

do I need a solicitor to do this

Alex Watts : No you can do this yourself
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you alex

Thank you.