How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Dear SirsI am a British born UK citizen , and have a 14 year

This answer was rated:

Dear Sirs
I am a British born UK citizen , and have a 14 year old son , born in London ,who has never had a passport , and has never been outside the UK , and attends a school in West London .
The Passport Office refuses to give him a passport , and says he must apply to the Immigration Office , because his mother has Israeli passports on which the stamp saying she has " Indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom " was put on her passport in 1983 , and they say it will take too long to check that it is still valid . She works and pays taxes in the UK since 1983 , and has never left this country . We have never been married .
How do I get a British passport for my son ? I live in Scotland , and could attend an interview with my son at the Glasgow Immigration Office .

I would suggest that you apply for a British nationality status confirmation letter to the Home Office using form NS, see here for the form to apply on:

Once the confirmation letter is issued, there should be no problem obtaining the passport.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you