How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello. I would like to know what information / opinions the

This answer was rated:

Hello. I would like to know what information / opinions the police hold about me on their records. How do I proceed please?
Many thanks
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I am recently retired and would like to apply for various part time work (nothing of a sensitive nature eg childcare etc) and I want to know what will be turned up if a DBS check is run on me. I have a criminal record for possession of drugs in 1969, I know that the crime has time expired, but nevertheless I would like to know what the police have on their records. Can you help please?

Are you asking how to do it?
Obviously I cannot do it for you as they won't disclose anything to me and anyway the rules of this site prohibit any direct instructions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I am not asking you to do it, I just need to know how I go about getting the information

You can make a subject access request for any information held upon you at any police station.
You need to prove your identity obviously.
It will cost £10 and should take about 1 week to be processed.
It can then be collected at the police station in question.
That should give you any information they have upon you.
Not all of it would necessarily be revealed in a DBS check but that is the basis of their source of intelligence.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you