How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

could you please tell me how long a solicitor can hold money

This answer was rated:

could you please tell me how long a solicitor can hold money given in a high court,
before he gives it to grandauter won high court judgement approximately
9 years ago and not recieve any money allowed to her
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know has any reason been given?

as far as we know they are arguing about solicitor fees.

Alex Watts :

Do you know how much they are arguing about?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the last we heard was £19000,they have going in and out

of diferent courts, I know that that the defendant is a solicitor

who was told by 2 judges at the small court he did not know

what he was talking about,at the high court he was ordered

to pay my grandaughter £3500 which we have not got,the last

time she went to see her solicitor he told her the defendant

was paying it back at £120 amonth

Ok. Why don't they pay the undisputed to sum out do you know?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she does not know,but i think that 9 years for a small claims

court procedure is redicoulous,for a solicitor and property owner to get out of paying her money

Has she complained to the complaints partner from the firm?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont know

Ok. She needs to complain to the managing partner. They will handle complaints and invetesigate the matter on behalf of the firm. Once they report back and If she is not satisfied ait can be taken to the ombudsman. They are free, independent and will invesitage the complaint. Their website is

She could also take it to the regulator who can also investigate and prosecute if there has been any misconduct, their website is

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?