How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

on our deeds the road leading to our house is private to that

This answer was rated:

on our deeds the road leading to our house is private to that street which is a culdisac but we allow two front streets access to their back lanes but now they are parking their cars in the street and we are unable at times to park our cars where do we stand in this situation
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Who owns the private road please?


all i know is that our street is on a private road

Alex Watts :

But you don't know who owns it?

Alex Watts :

Does it say on the deeds?


haven't got the deeds their in bank but what i can remember reading twenty odd years ago that our st was private due to the road

Alex Watts : Do you know who is parking please?


Alex Watts : Ok, then potentially you can seek an injunction for nuisance but normally the owner would do this
Alex Watts : But you can try yourself. You need to complete forms n1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : And n16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are asking the court for an order that they do not park there and interfere with your enjoyment of your own land.
Alex Watts : The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order preventing them from parking.
Alex Watts : The judge will either grant this outright or set it down for directions which is a timetable for a final hearing
Alex Watts : The court will decide whether to make an interim order.
Alex Watts : If any order is made and they disobey it that is considered contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : If you spent legal fees on representation and solicitor costs if you win then you can ask the court for Those costs
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

thankyou we will consider whether to get a solicitor in

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you