How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Hi. I am currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 -Intra company

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 -Intra company transfer visa (short term) while my husband is in the US. However, my husband is planning to move to the UK on a Tier 2 - General visa. Can I switch to a Tier - 2 dependent visa when he comes and will I be subjected to the cooling off period that applies to the Tier 2- intra company transfer visa?
Thank you!
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Having extensively reviewed the immigration rules relating to points based system dependents, there is nothing stated in the rule preventing you from switching to a Tier 2 dependent visa from inside the UK.
Because you will be switching to a tier 2 dependent visa from tier 2 ICT and not a tier 2 general visa, the 12 months cooling period is also not applicable to you.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you