How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I employed a property and maintenance man to do several jobs..One

This answer was rated:

I employed a property and maintenance man to do several jobs..One job included 2xpairs of window shutters and kept asking him if he had measured the job. He insisted he had and duly delivered to be stored in my garage ready for my painter to install after finishing the painting of the house. I inspected shutters and found them to be six inches short and duly informed suplier who is declining any responsibility.What do I do now having already paid him.?
Peter Shelley
Peter Shelley.
Alex Watts : Hello Peter my name is ***** ***** I will help with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what the cost of putting this right is please?




Alex Watts : Hello

Ih ave enquired from shutter companies for replacements and approx £250 delivered.

Alex Watts : Have you paid the handyman yet?


Alex Watts : did you order from the supplier or did the handyman?

the handyman

Alex Watts : ok. So you have paid the handyman for the goods and to be fitted?

yes but I told him the fitting would be after the painting and really I would have had my painter fit them in any case.

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

How can I view your responses as I am not 100% computer savy as i am in my 70plus years.I do not have p[rinting availability here but could forward to my nephew for printing. Please advise.

Alex Watts : Ok. Once you give my answer a positive rating the format changes.
Alex Watts : You can then print them off or come back to the reaponse at any time.
Alex Watts : does that help? The rate button is at the bottom of the screen
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you