How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I would like to obtain an apostles stamp on an offenders information

This answer was rated:

I would like to obtain an apostles stamp on an offenders information sheet. There isn't any signature on it, it just a print out from the CRO.
I need it to apply for a temporary residents permit to Russia. Any suggestions?
Thank you for question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
In order to have something Appostilled you will have to take the document to the Legalisation Office - - I would not recommend doing this through a third party agent because they will charge extra unnecessarily.
Who issued the document?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The document was issued by the North Yorkshire Police.

I thought it was impossible to get a document legalised as there is no signature or authenticating stamp.

Thank you.
If they wont legalise the document, then you have to have it notarised (by a solicitor/notary) before it can be legalised and apostilled.
So you do not waste money having it notarised un-necessarily - check with the legalisation office whether they will legalise the document for you?
Is the place where you are applying for the Visa based in England or Russia?>
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The temporary residents permit is only available in Russia. A document listing any (or non) convictions is required and must be authenticated with an apostle stamp. I have already has several visas which only require a note of any convictions, no official documents are required.

Thank you.
You can only have a CRB record document legalised if it has been signed by the issuing authority or certified.
On that basis you will need to go to a solicitor and have them certify the document.
Will they accepted a legalised and certified copy of the document or does it have to be an original?
Kind regards
Alex J. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think they will accept the document so long as it has be authenticated as genuine.