How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

can we legally give our house to our son?

This answer was rated:

can we legally give our house to our son?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You are legally entitled to give your property to your son if this is what you want.

As regards ***** ***** raising a Mortgage, I can'r give you a 100% guarantee on this point, as it woul ddepend on his income and you have mentioned that the type of construction is unknown, so this may deter the Bank/ Building Society from lending.

On a general point, you must remeber that if you do proceed, then you lose the legal ownership of your property, and ciircumstances out of your control (eg your son's premature death/him getting divorced or being made bankrupt) may mean you end up homeless.

I would ask that your son looks into the Mortgage aspect further, and if he gets the all clear, then I would strongly recommend that you discuss matters in general with your own Solicitor before deciding to proceed.

I hope this asists and answers your question.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you