How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am planning marrying a US Citzen next year in the US and

This answer was rated:

I am planning marrying a US Citzen next year in the US and then coming to the Uk to live and my initial questions are:-
(1) How long can she stay in the UK?
(2) Are there any visa requirements
(3) If she chooses to work in the UK - what legal requirements have to be met

1) she may apply for a spouse visa to settle in the UK. She will be initially have spend a 5 years probationary period in the UK and if you are still married to her at the end of the 5 years, she may then apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK and British Citizenship.

2) yes, see above and here:

3) she will be able to work without any restriction once she receives the UK spouse visa.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you