How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am in dispute with the insurrance company who is dealing

This answer was rated:

I am in dispute with the insurrance company who is dealing with a damaged claim for my driveway which has been damaged by a conifer tree root, they has accept liability for the damage but only want to compensate me for a small part of the drive . this issue has being on going for four years. can i take this case to court ?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know the cost of repair.
Alex Watts : Also is it the whole drive you want replacing or just the damaged portion?

The cheapest quote is 3,700 pounds ,and it is the whole drive because the roots has being found in over 75% of the drive.

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

No thanks i wont need clarity about this , thanks very much

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you