How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My Partner's ex Girlfriend has stopped him from having all

This answer was rated:

My Partner's ex Girlfriend has stopped him from having all contact with his Children. We were having them most Weekends and in the School Holidays. My Partner, Me and the Children's Grandparent's have had concerns about his youngest daughter in particular for a couple of months now. She confided that her Mothers Boyfriend has been saying nasty things to her, i.e calling her 'the unwanted child'. He also made her throw all of her toys into the bin outside as punishment for 'being naughty'. The examples I have given only scratch the surface. We decided to say nothing and just keep an eye on her for fear of rocking the boat. However, this all came to a head last Weekend when she was crying uncontrollably and visibly distressed. My Partner decided to call the Children's Mother expressing his concerns, and suggested that it might be a good idea to keep his Daughter for a couple of weeks. He made no accusations as such, but his Ex Partner became very abusive, and accused her Daughter of being a liar and a manipulator (she is 7). She then demanded we bring her straight home. My partner advised that he wasn't comfortable doing this at present considering the state his Daughter was in and she called the Police! My Partner called Social Services merely to find out what his rights were. They got involved and found nothing untoward, which is unbelievable! The Police Officers also advised that it wasn't a Police Matter. To cut a long story short, the Children's Mother has all of the Children back and will not let their Father see them at all now and we are powerless to do anything about it. The main concern is that we have no idea how the Children are, and both my Partner and I are extremely worried. My Partner did what he deemed to be the right thing and it has all blown up in his face. He never wanted the authorities involved in the first place and instead tried to express genuine concerns about the Children to their Mother. Can you please advise the next course of action? He and his Ex Partner were never Married, but he is on the Children's Birth Certificate's and they were all born after 2003, so he does have Parental Responsibility.
Thank you for your question.
Your partner should see a good family law solicitor straight away with a view to applying to the court for a contact order or perhaps even a residence order. He must do so quickly so that proceedings can be issued if necessary without delay. The mother is clearly wrong here and not acting in the best interests of the children.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
HiIn case you are in England and Wales you need to know the followingThe law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryAt this stage there is little point in seeing a solicitor as the starting point id for your partner to try and discuss matters with his ex using Family mediation ( if mediation fails can you apply to the court for a new Child Arrangement OrderIt is to say the least unfortunate that Social services found nothing wrong - but your partner does need to keep in contact with the school and find out if they have any concernsClare