How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Dear Legal Adviser, I paid Hidenda for their fees for helping

This answer was rated:

Dear Legal Adviser, I paid Hidenda for their fees for helping me to claim my PPI, which the finance company issued a cheque directly to me instead of Hidenda. Anyway, instead of receiving an official receipt for the fee I paid Hidenda either by email or post they just sent me a text to acknowledge receipt. I have since sent them 2 emails requesting for an official black and white receipt but they did not response. I am so annoyed as Hidenda send me numerous emails, letters, texts and telephone calls to remind me to complete the forms they sent me at the beginning of the PPI process. Now they received payment from me and they're ignoring me for asking for a rightful receipt. I would appreciate any advice you could give me as to how to process or which authority to report them to. Thank you very much. Lai Peng Phoon
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Is it you just want a receipt or report them please?

Dear Alex, I wanted an official receipt from them. Failing which if they do not response or provide me an official receipt then I would like to report them to the appropriate authority for failing they responsibility - I don't know if I am making the right sense. Help. Peng

Alex Watts : I underatand Peng
Alex Watts : You need to send a letter recorded delivery and ask for a receipt within 14 days
Alex Watts : If they refuse then You can complain to Trading Stanadrds
Alex Watts : They can chase the receipt for you and potentially investigate and prosecute for the lack of receipt
Alex Watts : Trading stanadrds offer a free service and can be found at
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Dear Alex, thank you very much for the advice, which I take comfort that there is something I can do. Much appreciate your advice and am confident what I need to do next. Peng

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you