How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10777
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

how do you transfer ownership of your property

This answer was rated:

how do you transfer ownership of your property
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Who do you wish to transfer the property to and do you have a Mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need to transfer it to my name only because my wife left me , she says she doesn't want the house

Thanks Ian.
Is there a Mortgage on the property?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i paid the mortgage off 2years ago with money left to me in a will

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your reply.
Well, you will both need to sign a Land Registry Transfer document, called a TR1, which document will transfer the property into your sole name.
Unless you are familiar with Land Registry procedures in preparing and registering the TR1, it would be normal for you to instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor to do this on your behalf. If so, he will need to write to your wife, advising her to seek independent legal advice, before signing the TR1.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you