How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello, I am English and my husband is from New Zealand. We

Customer Question

Hello, I am English and my husband is from New Zealand. We have one child together a 2 year old boy, who was born in NZ but has both uk and NZ passports. We moved into a property that I own solely in my name in London 6 months ago. We are going through a bitter split now and he won't leave my house forcing my son and I elsewhere. My husband is here on a tourist visa which expires in 2 weeks. He has also been in touch with the police and is trying to lay an assault charge on me. I have just found out he has taken legal advice regarding custody of our son. Can he take our son out of the country? Can he continue to live in my house - rent free? How can I get him out? He has been violent to me but i did not tell the police about it. Please help me! What can I do and what can he do (against me)?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the last incidence of violence and have you started divorce proceedings?