How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi, I was wondering if you would be able to advise me what

Customer Question

I was wondering if you would be able to advise me what I need to do? Let me explain my current situation;
I was declared bankrupt on Sep 17th 2013, I had a business joint account with Lloyd's Bank that was in the name of myself, my mother and my father which was frozen as I had been declared bankrupt. There was a loan on this account which now totals the amount of £322k after interest has built up over time. The loan with Lloyd's was taken out over time which covered a mortgage to my house in Lound, Retford, Nottinghamshire and borrowings for our business which is an equestrian establishment.
The trustees of the bankruptcy and the bank are holding the deeds to the property and land and we are facing repossession if the debt doesn't get paid. The total valuation of the property and yard we own is around £900k. My girlfriend has the funds to be able to clear the debt and in exchange for doing so would like to be put onto the deeds to the property if the bank and trustees of the bankruptcy will agree to this. Obviously once this debt is cleared I would also like help getting an annulment from the bankruptcy.
My girlfriend has the funds readily available and is in contact with her solicitors who want to push this through before too much more interests builds up on the bank loan.
Please let me know if you will be able to help advise me?
Kind Regards
***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what the Official Receivers stance is please?