How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have just separated from my wife our son is 11 months old

This answer was rated:

I have just separated from my wife our son is 11 months old when I ask to have him on certain days she often says no I can only see him when she works or when she wants she has just informed me that because he is under 5 I am only legally entitled to see him twice a week every other week is this correct ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary
There is no set pattern of contact - and no restriction as your ex has suggested.
You should try and discuss a regular pattern of contact with your ex using Family mediation ( - and if no agreement can be reached then you will need to apply to the courts for a Child Arrangement Order.
You may find this site helpful
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you