How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

A foreigner with a valid "Visa Spouse/CP" - "No recourse to

Customer Question

A foreigner with a valid "Visa Spouse/CP" - "No recourse to public funds" wishes to apply for employment in the UK. Does the employer need to do any further checks to ensure all paperwork in order?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The foreigner is allowed to work without any restriction in the UK for as long as their visa remains valid.

For immigration purposes, no further checks are needed other than to keep a copy of the person's passport and visa on their employment file.

May I help further?