How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

Can I force my ex husband to make a will to ensure that our

This answer was rated:

Can I force my ex husband to make a will to ensure that our daughter does not lose out financially when he dies?
tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

You cannot force him to make a will. However, if he dies without one, and the intestacy laws do not adequately provide for your daughter, then she may be able to make a claim under other provisions, including the Inheritence (Provision for Family Dependants) Act 1975.

tdlawyer :

This allows applications to be made to a Court where a will, or the intestacy laws, do not provide adequately for the deceased's family.

tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you