How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi i befriended a young man at an adult college, we became

This answer was rated:

Hi i befriended a young man at an adult college, we became friends and i told him some personal things about myself and my family. He then started to have feelings for me i didnt want anything more than friendship. This guy would text constantly even after ive told him to stop. Ive now left college but he now uses social networks to contact my partner saying we had an affair over and over. I am unsure of his exact location but can i get a solicters letter telling him to stop ccontacting me or anyone connected to me. Thank you
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Yes, you can. That will cost up to £100 plus vat. Sometimes you can get it done cheaper but that is about average. Its easy enough to instruct a solicitor to do that.
You will need to find his location or a solicitor cannot write to him. You can use a tracing agent which is cheap enough. Usually up to £100.
In terms of actually getting an injunction, there is cost in that and its not likely to cover anybody connected to you. At this stage, you don't need to worry about that though.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks jo. I know that the college had his location can they pass this on to a soliciter? Or i know the university he attends can one be sent here

They will probably refuse and then you would need an injunction which can be done but its expensive.
You could probably get a solicitor to write to him at the college address.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. So what are my options if i cannot get his location? Did you mention a private agency to so this? Do you personally feel that a letter would stop him

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
It is difficult to say whether it would really. Sometimes it deters people. It is a cheap option though and it often works.