How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello, I am owed a refund from a local tradesman with whom

This answer was rated:

I am owed a refund from a local tradesman with whom I contracted via email and personal phone calls to arrange a kitchen refitting. The project was initiated in February, the kitchen was purchased by me via transfer of £5800, work due to start around Easter, tradesman became ill and part of the kitchen was delivered by him leaving several items outstanding. He has promised through various emails to arrange a refund for the material and this has not happened since August 30. I do not have a domicile address for him and wonder if a small claims process will aid my claim?
Thanks for any advice.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If you do not know what the traders address is, may I ask how you propose to serve Court papers please?

Customer: Hi Alex
Customer: yes that's my part of the proble.. He has referred to a home address in Essex and I know of his ex wife's address in my home town of Bedford. Should I just ask for this in order to flag up my intention.
Alex Watts :

How come you dont have the traders address?

Customer: Everything was carried out by email, meeting and telephone
Alex Watts :

But how do you know he lives with his ex wife?

Customer: He goes between her address, his home in Essex and a.n.other place inSussex
Alex Watts :

So he does live there even on a temporary basis?

Customer: Possibly
Alex Watts :

All you need is a last known address for residence.

Alex Watts :

So if he has ever lived at this address according to the rules you can issue a claim there.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Alex Watts :

As the claim is below £10,000 it would be a small clai

Alex Watts :

* claim *

Alex Watts :

You can even issue online at:

Customer: Ok, so will look into that process. Many thanks
Alex Watts :

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** you have given me what I need.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you