How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello I am due to apply for an extension on my first dis reactionary

Customer Question

Hello I am due to apply for an extension on my first dis reactionary live to remain visa, We where granted 3 years, I have two children who have lived here the youngest for 15 years and the other 14 years when I applied after being a over stayer for many years I had a criminal record and they wrote due to my criminal record We all got the discretionary leave, however One of my children the one who has been here for 14 years is 21 years and just graduated from university and the one who has been here for 15 years is 16 and doing his 6th form, is their a they could get a indefinite live to remain or for the young one citizenship due to the length of time they have been here?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
The rules states that indefinite leave to remain can only be granted after being on discretionary leave to remain for 6 years, so you need to apply for an extension of your discretionary leave for all of you for another 3 years and then apply for indefinite leave to remain after 6 years have passed since your discretionary leave first started.
There is no fast tracking in your case I am afraid. After having indefinite leave to remain for a year, you can all apply for citizenship.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would you be able to advise what Paper work I need to start gathering up and dose my 21 year old still need to be on the same application as my 16 year old and I?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you should include everyone in the same application.

Please leave feedback for the answer given and post any new questions after
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry but I have asked what I formation I need to put together and you have not said?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry but this was not your original question.

Anyway, to answer it, it would be the same information/documents which you supplied when you first obtained DLR e..g. school records of the kids etc.

There is no set list of documents for your case, any documents which you think are necessary should be supplied.