How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been overpaid by my local council for my deceased wife

Customer Question

I have been overpaid by my local council for my deceased wife pension for seven years to the tune of 19k they wrote to me a week ago admitting their mistake and an appology but looking to retrieve the overpayment I have zero savings and no spare income to repay this amount. I thought it was a widows pension and recently re mortgaged my home t consolidate debt taking this pension into account so financially crippled now the payment has stopped how do I stand
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Whats the sum of the overpayment please?