How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter has to provide a solictitors letter to say that

Customer Question

My daughter has to provide a solictitors letter to say that my parents are separated. We have been apart for about 3 years but have not talked about divorce as this may not be on the cards...or maybe it will in the future I don't know. My husband still pays for the council tax and a couple of other bills to help out but I get employment seekers allowance for a single person. This is all the evidence I have and yet the finance company will not accept this. Can you tell me how I go about getting a letter and how much it will be. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
A High Street solicitor should be able to assist you.
You may each both make statutory declarations that you are both separated from each other and have been living apart for the last 3 years.
A solicitor will then witness your signatures in their capacity as a commissioner for oaths.
In this case, you do not need to get a solicitors letter unless a solicitor knows you both personally and is willing to write that you are both separated indeed.
It should all be done in under £100, you can shop around to see which solicitor is able to assist you and at what price.
May I help further?