How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

hi my mum died 4 years a go my brother lived with her he was

Customer Question

hi my mum died 4 years a go my brother lived with her he was single my mum also had 5 girls all married so she left the house to him but she always said if he ever was in relationship and hes partner moved in he would have to sell or pay sisters off none of us have seen the will and he also has a partner now liveing with him ive asked him several times to see the will but never shown it am i entitled to see the will and if my mum hasnt put hes to sell the house is there anything i can do as hes parnter now lives in a paid house
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
You do of course need to see exactly what the Will says. If there is no mention in the Will of your brother having to pay you all a share if he were to be in a relationship, then I'm afraid there will be little you can do, as your Mum's "word" is not legally binding. All that is legal is what has been stated in your Mum's Will.
A Will is a private document, which can only be viewed by the beneficiaries, until such time as Probate has been issued (Probate is normally required where an Estate is valued at over £5-10,000). Once Probate has been issued the general public can apply to Leeds Probate Registry for a copy, for a nominal fee.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards