How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Good morning : My legal husband is serving sentence and received

This answer was rated:

Good morning : My legal husband is serving sentence and received a deportation form, we are not together but he uses my address as I'm his only next of kind , he wants me to fill up the form in the ground that we are legally married as I'm British by naturalisation but I'm so concerned abt doing this cuz I'm on low income, received part benefits and they are aware that I'm a lone parent , I'm worry that I submitted this deportation form in the ground of being married and information clashes if they do check with other gov bodies .Am I right to be so concern . what's your best advice .thanks in advance

If you are separated from your husband, you should not lie and say that you are living together as that is an immigration offence and the information will be shared with other government departments and you could have your benefits etc stopped.

Yes, you are right to be concerned and your naturalisation file could also be opened again to see if you were really of good character and your citizenship revoked.

I would advise you not to lie.

Hope this helps, please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks it seems like a common sense questions what I asked you but I really want an expert to back me up cuz he's saying that this is a routine process they do to everyone that is convicted longer than 12 mnth but i told him even tho they will always check with other government bodies which is exactly what u confirm .thank for your help
welcome and good luck. I am not surprised he is saying what he is saying as he has nothing to lose while you have everything to lose.