How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello, I need to speak to someone who has experience dealing

This answer was rated:

Hello, I need to speak to someone who has experience dealing with the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council)
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I am a University student. Because of a minor issue (not related to patient safety) I have been asked to refer myself to the NMC. My questions are: can the University make me do this? And, If I refer myself to the NMC will they automatically investigate me?

No, they cannot make you do anything but if you refuse they can refer the matter themselves. I think they are just giving you the chance to do it yourself.
Yes, the NMC will investigate if a referral is made. It may not be pursued to hearing but it will be considered.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more things, thanks - If you sue a University during your studies, do they have an obligation to still help you achieve your degree, or would they just stop everything?

That is a different question and not really my area.
It is more of a contractual dispute.
If you mean that you intend to sue the university then I could not see how they could exclude you on that basis.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you