How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

hello there i bought a car from garage 7 month ago through

This answer was rated:

hello there i bought a car from garage 7 month ago through finance through no fault of my own the car as broke down they said i should have been getting warning lights on my dash board to say this car needs to be took for a 20minute run to blow waste from exhaust as they telling me its a problem with dpf fillter in exhaust which they say is not under warranty apparently this is acommon fault with this car but i have never been told this also had no warnings of this problem the garage dont want to know my finance dont want to kmnow im left without a car 6000pound in debt i paid gap insurance 300pound 400 pound breakdown i just dont know what to do could you please give me some advice.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know the cost of repair please?


they said it was a dpf filter would cost 500 or more they said even if i got thisvfixed the car might not work it might be catalist inverter could cost over a 1000pound ive only got the car 7month ago no one as told me about this fault and with not getting any warning lights on i would never of known.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment or they do the work for free within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


ok thankyou

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you