How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The petition has been increased by £1199. to cover court costs

This answer was rated:

The petition has been increased by £1199. to cover court costs and the serving of the papers. Once the fees are paid in full to cancel the order, am I in a position to contest this additional charge or reduce the amount.
Alex Watts :

Thank you for requesting me again

Alex Watts :

They are entitled to ask for their reasonable costs

Alex Watts :

You can ask the Court to assess the fees charged.

Alex Watts :

If they are excessive then a Court can reduce them

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you