How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My ex partner who I lived with for 20 years and have children

Customer Question

My ex partner who I lived with for 20 years and have children with has had a stroke a month ago and has been left disabled, he still lives in the family Home my name is ***** ***** mortgage as we said the house would be left to the boys, this mortgage is almost finished if he has to go into care I want to go and live in this house because the house I live in is on interest only and I have no means to pay off that loan in 10 years time, I can put this house up for sale and hopefully give him some of the profits after I have paid back the mortgage. I left him 19 yr ago because he was a alchoholic. If he goes into care I don't want social services to make us sell the family home, where do I stand?
The property was is negative equity when I left.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?