How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My question is about two protected trees, one on my land the

This answer was rated:

My question is about two protected trees, one on my land the other on my neighbours land. They are both 20 metres high and the local TPO officer described them as effectively forming a single crown and stipulated that both trees should be worked on together. My application for permission was granted on this condition. My neighbour refused to share the tree surgeon's bill. What can I do?

I am afraid you cannot force your neighbour to share the tree surgeon's bill if they do not wish to pay it without an agreement with them that they will pay it.

You may pay the entire bill yourself or leave the trees as they ar.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a more comprhensive description of events which i can email you. She accepted my offer to obtain planning permission and to obtain tree surgeon quotes. She asked to be advised of the quotes as she had a nephew who worked on trees. At this time I was of the opinion that she would share costs.