How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am in the process of evicting a tenant for non payment of

This answer was rated:

I am in the process of evicting a tenant for non payment of rent since 4th August and a lawyer has served section 21 and section 8. There has been no response from the tenant and I have applied online for a court hearing seeking possession.
1. Do i have to inform the tenant of the court date or will the court contact her?
2. Do I have to send the court a statement before attending or take details with me on the day?
I am trying to do this process myself to save lawyers fees.
Many thanks,
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : 1. the court will inform. But if it is for rent arrears the solicitor can use the accelerated procedure so it is done on the papers and no hearing is necessary.
Alex Watts : 2. You just need a statement of account.
Alex Watts : The court will want to know the notices and have been served and there are arrear.
Alex Watts : But as I said your solicitor can ask for this on the accelerated procedure so there is no hearing
Alex Watts : Can I claiify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you