How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71135
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How do I bring a charge against 2 people who have abused me

This answer was rated:

How do I bring a charge against 2 people who have abused me emotionally and psychologically over a number of years? because of extent of my suffering still and I know they are happy they are getting away with it. I ned them to realise this is wrong and apologise as I am struggling to recover and rebuild my life.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am sorry but there is no offence of emotional abuse so there is no way that can be done per se.
If you tell me, in short, what they have actually done then there might be other offences but generally speaking relationship issues are ones family court.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

srroy it took long to come back on this. It depresses me more to know they can get away with this. They repeatedly use my disability against me with horrible berbal abuse, telling me I don't have everything as I am a criple. they do this whenever they ask me and I cant do it or give it, refering to my background which they consider to be previledged and that I am too educated and with a good job. They happen to be my husbands brother and sister. It hurts so much as i do nothing wrong to them, but be kind always and trying to please them. How can this not be wrong? I have tried to stop them they say its my fault they are this way with me and I dont have to realy do anything wrong.

I used to be frigthened of them. but not anymore but i feel sso sad and possibly sufering from depression as I struggle to cope now.

Well, you are perfectly entitled to take that view. You don't need the law to do that . If they are behaving badly towards you then you are perfectly free and right to not put up with it. The fact that there isn't a charge that can be brought doesn't stand in your way.
You are under no obligation to try to please them. The fact that this is a relationship issue not one courts doesn't mean you have to put up with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you saying that there is no remedy abuse of this magnitude. i want them to know it's notright and apologise. If i was physically abused withthe same magnitude of damage while has reflected in my welfare and health, you would possibly say I have a case. they won't stop exact reason. its that I take a view i have suffered and still is suffering fromt this being done to me over a long time. I say this perhap I have not let you see the nature of the problem.

There is a remedy. You can just refuse to engage with it.
There is no charge that can be brought abuse. It is a relationship issue.
But you don't have to put up with it.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you