How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We have had to give our freeholder £26,000 for essential repairs

This answer was rated:

We have had to give our freeholder £26,000 for essential repairs to our building which were originally claimed to be 'emergency' repairs but he has now had the money for two months and is spending it on different things he originally stated and does not intend to do the repairs until next year. Is he allowed to keep our money indefinitely?

You should ask him for the full money back as it is not being used for the purpose which you had agreed to. This is known as misrepresentation in law.

Or you may ask him to pay you an agreed sum as interest for him to keep your money until next year as you are effectively bank rolling him.

If you are unable to mutually agree to am amicable position, you may go to court as a last option to get your money back.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I will contact the freeholder with your advice.

Is a freeholder allowed to issue the final demand notice for major works before confirming a contractor as he is now saying he has not found one and it still looking?

We believe he has not completed the S.20 process correctly and are looking to pursue this, are you able to help with this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you able to help with the further question?

please open a new question