How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Have you heard of a company called Residential Redress? They

This answer was rated:

Have you heard of a company called Residential Redress? They have contacted us by phone saying that they are working on behalf of the government to claim back overpayments of gas and electricity. We are with N Power. Residential Redress say that we have to give them £300 for them to process our claim. Even though it sounded official we are a little nervous of doing things like this over the phone. They are waiting for our signed paperwork to be returned.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I have heard of this Company, and have just been looking on their website for you.
They certainly do not act on behalf of the government, and there is absolutely no guarantee that they can "claim" any money back for you. Their service includes carrying out an Energy Performance Certificate, which is purely an assessment on how heat efficient your property is.
As regards ***** ***** of gas/electric to NPower, IF there has been any such overpayment, then NPower will be refunding you directly and you should speak to them directly if you think there has been such an overpayment.
I certainly would not part with £299 to them and if you wish to save money on your heating, you should look into official Government backed schemes which can include cavity wall/roof insulation.
I therefore certainly would not waste your money in asking Residential Redress to do anything for you, which certainly won't guarantee you any money back.
I hope this assists.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great. Many thanks for your help. We will not be pursuing it further. The problem is now that we are not financially able to commit monthly payments to yourselves and just used the free trial to yourselves. Have we been charged for our first use of your services?WE are ok with paying for this one use but need nomore. Thanks again.

Hi Paul,
Thanks- there are so many money making scams out there, who aren't all they make out to be.
If you leave positive feedback for me, you will get charged for this question, but nothing extra.
All the best
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you