How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10773
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

between the appointed selling agent and the house builders

This answer was rated:

between the appointed selling agent and the house builders sales director i was led on to draw down a 30 year pension savings plan.
very near to exchange my solicitor confirmed they were not sending the required new contracts that i had put into my sons name as he was the joint purchaser with me now and not my wife because of strict lending rules.
the builders solicitors stopped all communication with mine.
near to exchange the builder put the house up for sale again with another agent and increased the price another £85,000.
can i put in any claim against the agent and builder for my financial losses.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Although it seems very bad practice what they have done, I am afraid to say that until Contracts have been exchanged, neither party is committed to sell or buy, and either party can pull out of the transaction, without paying any compensation to the other party.

Therefore, legally, there is absolutely nothing you can claim back for your financial loss from the Developer or Agent.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you