How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have a criminal record I was sentenced in crown because my

Customer Question

I have a criminal record I was sentenced in crown because my
Legal team thought I was innocent of the crime it was an ABH and I was sentenced
To a two year suspended sentence and 300 hours un paid work I am
Trying to emigrate to Canada and the visa Company
Is not sure weather I will get permanent resident can u help please I am also I skilled joiner
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

I am a solicitor with over 15 yeast experience I will try to help you with this.


Are you British?

JACUSTOMER-kohysysk- : Yes am British

f they were convicted of an offence in Canada or were convicted of an offence outside of Canada that is considered a crime in Canada. ABH would be covered by this


ou can apply for individual rehabilitation to enter Canada. The Minister, or their delegate, may decide to grant it or not. To apply, you must:

  • show that you meet the criteria,

  • have been rehabilitated and

  • be highly unlikely to take part in further crimes.

Also, at least five years must have passed since:

  • the end of your criminal sentence (this includes probation) and

  • the day you committed the act that made you inadmissible.


This link may be helpful.

JACUSTOMER-kohysysk- : Is unlikely that I will have my visa granted

It looks like that may be the case I am afraid.