How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In June 2013 my wife sustained a fall which prohibited us going

This answer was rated:

In June 2013 my wife sustained a fall which prohibited us going on holiday. When a claim was made to Advantage Gold Card, they refused compensate us because they said that when we have reached the age of 70 years, extra insurance is necessary. They stated that they had sent a letter two weeks before my 70th birthday, but THAT LETTER NEVER ARRIVED. The Advantage Gold insurers sent a copy of the aforementioned letter to the Ombudsman, who could could not judge in my favour because it seemed that I had been informed accordingly. At the end of the day the insurers story was accepted by the Ombudsman. Therefore, I ask if I have any redress in this situation, and if you cannot help, perhaps you could advise if any other Legal organisation can help. (Mr. R. Padget)
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

What is the cost of your loss please?


Dear Alex,

My total loss for the holiday was £1,618.12. As I am a senior
citizen with limited disposal income, I will not be able to go on any
other holiday if I cannot be compensated. I retired two years ago and
the money for that holiday was put aside.



Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Thamk you for your prompt reply - I will take your advice, but can
you tell me the amount of costs involved at County Court

Alex Watts :

Court fees vary on amount but see here:

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you