How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have made an order through Amazon where I change my address

Customer Question

I have made an order through Amazon where I change my address on their site as I made the order. We have just move 3 months ago. the problem is the order was sent to my old address as it was plants they will have deteriated.
As the new owners of our old house does not have our new address they refused to take them off the postman. I phoned the local sorting office and explained the situation to them and they said they have kept them in the sorting office and said it was not their policy to forward parcels to a different address other than the one on the package.
The problem is i have paid over £60 pounds for this order and been in touch with the two suppliers by email but they say as the address they were given was my old one it is not their fault that they were given a wrong address and that is the end of the matter.
I checked the Amazon site again twice and each time it has come up with my old address even though I have changed it twice. So have tried contacting Amaszon but the message system sends it to the sellers and not Amazon as I think this is their problem. what else can I do to try and get my money back.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how you paid for the Amazon purchase>

JACUSTOMER-haro90p6- :

I paid by debit card

JACUSTOMER-haro90p6- :

You say you have answered my question but the only thing 0m this page is your question hoe did I pay Amazon my answer by debit card that is all the answer i had

Alex Watts :

Yes don't try and rate my answer before I have actually answered it

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: